These Montmorency cherry, coconut and cacao bars are amazing as a post training snack. This recipe was given to us by Healthy Living London's resident chef Susie Morrison (find her on Instagram as @gourmetglow).
Serves: Makes 12 bars
- 130g Medjool dates
- 100g CherryActive® dried Montmorency cherries chopped
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 50g Dairy free dark chocolate
- 100g Desiccated coconut
- 100g Gluten free oats
- 60g Coconut oil
- 60g Coconut nectar
For the topping:
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Raw cacao
- 1 tbsp Brown rice syrup
- 3 tbsp Desiccated coconut
- Blitz the dates in a blender to form a paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients apart from the cherries. Blitz until combined but still slightly rough.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in the cherries.
- Line a 20 x 20cm tin with baking paper.
- Spoon the mix into the tin and refrigerate 30 mins.
- Meanwhile heat the topping ingredients (except the desiccated coconut) in a bowl over a double boiler. Mix until combined.
- Pour over the base, sprinkle over the coconut and set in the fridge overnight before cutting into bars.
If you like this recipe from Gourmet Glow and want to see more why not head over to her website Gourmet GlowBACK