We've teamed up with health food blogger SpamellaB, she's come up with some fantastic recipes with our products. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do. Her blog and social media are an excellent source for all kinds of healthy ideas so just click on the links below.
Serves: Makes one small cake
For the Cherry Chia Jam: -
1 cup CherryActive® dried cherries
2-3 tbsp Fresh or frozen pitted cherries
30ml CherryActive® Concentrate
4 tbsp Water
3 tbsp Chia seeds
1 tbsp Stevia
For the Cake: -
1 cup Oat flour (whizz up rolled oats in a blender to form a flour)
1/2 cup Almond flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1-2 tbsp Stevia or Coconut sugar
3-4 tbsp Almond Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Almond Extract
- Make the jam beforehand. Place the dried and fresh/frozen cherries in a small pan with the cherry concentrate and water. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes to soften slightly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chia sees and stevia, to sweeten the mix. Mix well and set aside for at least 10 minutes (this allows the chia seeds to expand to form a 'jam').
- Mash the mixture up a bit with a fork then keep in the fridge in a Kilner jar until needed.
- To make the cake preheat the oven to 180C and lightly grease a deep mini springform, loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Place the flours and baking powder in a bowl and mix well. Whisk together the stevia or coconut sugar with the egg, almond milk, almond and vanilla extracts, then pour into the dry ingredients and stir to form a thick batter.
- Spread half of the mixture into your prepared cake tin, then top with a layer of cherry chia jam (Note: you may have some leftover - it will keep in the jar in the fridge for up to 1 week).
- Spoon over the reaming almond mixture ensuring the jam layer is covered, smooth out then bake for about 25-30 minutes (cover halfway through baking), until golden, risen and firm on top.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then carefully remove and place on a serving plate. Slice up and enjoy while still warm or keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Mix well