These muffins come for Healthy Living London's resident chef @goumetglow. This is a really simple recipe that can just be thrown together and is best when not fussed with too much. They also have the added bonus of being gluten and dairy free.
Serves: Makes 12 muffins
3 cups Gluten free flour
1 cup Coconut palm sugar
1 cup Biona 'Cocomega' organic dairy free spread
4 Free range eggs
1 cup Almond milk
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract
Pinch of Himalayan salt
1 1/2 cups CherryActive® dried cherries
1/2 cup Toasted almonds, crushed
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a muffin tin with 12 large muffin cases
- Using an electric hand whisk mix the spread with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the mix and whisk to incorporate (mixture will be lumpy at this stage, this is fine)
- Add the nut milk and vanilla then sift in the flours with the salt and baking powder.
- Whisk to combine (working quickly as the baking powder will activate when it comes into contact with liquid).
- Fold in the dried cherries and almonds and spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, turning the baking tray halfway. Leave to cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
Note: You can turn this recipe into Blueberry and Vanilla muffins. Just omit the cherries and almonds and add 1 1/2 cups of BlueberryActive® dried blueberries and the seeds from one vanilla pod in addition to the extract.BACK