The sweet smell of ginger and cherries makes this the ideal winter after dinner treat. It is a delightfully healthy dessert which is simple to prepare. Serves 4
4 cooking apples, cored
3 knobs of stem ginger, diced
2 tbsp of stem ginger syrup
1 tbsp freshly chopped mint leaves
2 tbsp honey
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
2. Place the cored apples into an ovenproof dish.
3. Mix together the ginger, CherryActive® Dried Cherries, walnuts and mint then stuff the mixture into the holes of the cored apples, sprinkling the remainder around the apples.
4. Pour the stem ginger syrup and the honey over the apples then cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, or until tender.
5. Serve with a single scoop of vanilla ice cream or crème fraîche.BACK