This mix of summer berries, cherry juice concentrate and mascarpone makes a refreshing taste combination. Easy to make in less than 30 minutes.
500g mixed berries; strawberries, bayberries, blueberries and raspberries. Alternatively, this works well with a bag of mixed frozen berries too
50g caster sugar
300g mascarpone cheese
2 fresh free range eggs whites
Sprig of mint and icing sugar to dust
1. Place the mixed berries, CherryActive® Concentrate and castor sugar into a bowl to create a marinade. Leave the fruit to marinade for 10 - 15 mins.
2. Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until light and firm peaks are achieved.
3. In a separate bowl beat the mascarpone and fold in the egg white.
4. Chill 4 presentation serving glasses and spoon a selection of marinated fruits into the base and, top with mascarpone. Repeat this process by adding more marinaded fruits on top of the mascarpone followed by another dollop of mascarpone. If possible repeat this process 3 or 4 times.
5. Top the final layer off with a sprig of mint and dusting of icing sugar.BACK