You'd be foolish not to give these CherryActive power flapjacks a go.
Recipe Makes 15
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 6 tbsp Coconut oil (plus extra for greasing)
- 175g Gluten free oats
- 100g Pecan nuts, chopped
- 50g Pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 50g Chia seeds
- 40g Flaked coconut
- 75g CherryActive dried cherries
- 100g Chopped dried figs or dates
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 120g Good quality runny honey
- 3 tbsp Soft brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C/gas 4. Grease and line a 20 x 30cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Put the oats, pecans and pumpkin seeds on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden. Tip into a bowl and mix with the chia seeds, coconut flakes, dried fruit and vanilla extract.
- In a small pan, heat together the coconut oil, honey and sugar, stirring until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture starts to boil. Simmer for 2 minutes, then pour over the oat mixture.
- Mix well, then tip into the prepared baking tin. Press into the edges with the back of a spoon and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden on top.
- Leave to cool completely in the baking tin before turning out and cutting into squares. The flapjacks will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.