It's time for another amazing recipe from health food blogger SpamellaB. Her blog and social media are an excellent source of ways to indulge healthily, we recommend you check them out for yourself.
For the base: -
1 cup Gluten-free flour
½ cup Oat flour
¼ cup Ground almonds or almond flour
1 tsp Baking powder
⅓ cup Coconut sugar
½ cup Unsweetened apple puree
2 tbsp BlueberryActive® Concentrate
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tspalmond extract
2 tbsp maple syrup
2-3 tbsp almond milk
¼ cup BlueberryActive® Dried Blueberries
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
For the crumble topping: -
4 tbsp Rolled oats
4 tbsp Flaked almonds
½ tsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp Coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp Maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a deep square baking tin.
- Mix together the flours, almonds, baking powder, cinnamon and coconut sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the apple puree, blueberry concentrate, eggs, vanilla, almond extract, maple syrup and almond milk until frothy.
- Pour this into the dry ingredients and fold in to create a smooth batter. Spread this out evenly in the tin.
- Scatter over the dried and fresh/frozen blueberries evenly to cover.
- Now mix the crumble topping ingredients in a bowl (use your fingers as if you would make a normal crumble topping - you want it slightly sticky!) and scatter over the fruit.
- Bake for a total of about 40-45 minutes, covering halfway to prevent burning, until cooked through in the middle. Leave to cool in the tin for at least 1 hour.
- Now remove, cut into squares - and enjoy!
- Keep remaining squares in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you would like to follow SpamellaB on social media or visit her blog please use the links below: -BACK