SpamellaB is at it again with this fantastic recipe, who doesn't enjoy a good citrus flavoured muffin. Her blog and social media are an excellent source of ways to indulge healthily, we recommend you check them out for yourself.
For the muffins: -
100g Oat flour
50g Ground almonds
50g Gluten-free flour
1 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
Zest of 1 lemon
150ml Almond milk
1 tsp Vanilla extract
3 tbsp Coconut oil, melted
1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
75g fresh or Frozen blueberries
For the blueberry drizzle: -6 tbsp Thick natural yogurt (can be dairy-free)
1 tbsp BlueberryActive® concentrate
1 tbsp Maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180C and lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Mix together the flours, ground almonds, stevia, lemon zest, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl.
- Whisk the milk, vanilla, coconut oil and vinegar then pour into the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Stir in the blueberries only slightly.
- Divide the mixture between the 6 muffin tins to reach the top and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until risen. Leave to cool in the tin.
- Whisk together the drizzle ingredients then once the muffins have cooled, drizzle over. Scatter over some extra lemon zest - now enjoy!
- Keep any remaining muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
If you would like to follow SpamellaB on social media or visit her blog please use the links below: -BACK