A delicious grain free muffin, perfect for a speedy breakfast option, post workout snack or afternoon treat.
Serves: Makes 6-8 large muffins
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
1/2 tsp Sea salt
1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
75g Coconut oil
1 tbsp Cinnamon
3 large Eggs
100g Honey or maple syrup
Zest of 1 lemon
75g BlueberryActive® Blueberries soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
Flaked almonds to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180C (Gas Mark 4).
- Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the almonds in a food processor and process until very fine.
- Add the salt, bicarbonate of soda, oil, eggs and honey and process again.
- Drain the BlueberryActive Blueberries and stir in the batter with the lemon zest.
- Spoon batter into the paper cases.
- Sprinkle over the flaked almonds.
- Bake fro 25-30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Allow to cool in the tin for five minutes then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Per Muffin: Calories 371kcal, Protein 9.2g, Carbohydrates 18.2g, Sugars 16g, Total Fat 29g, Saturates 10.1g, Fibre 2.3g, Salt 0.5g
Per 100g: Calories 453kcal, Protein 11.2g, Carbohydrates 22.3g, Sugars 19.5g, Total Fat 35.5g, Saturates 12.3g, Fibre 2.8g, Salt 0.6g BACK