Health food blogger SpamellaB has created this fantastic recipe to help you indulge innocently. These biscotti would make the perfect bake to go with tea at Easter. Her blog and social media are an excellent source of ways to indulge healthily, we recommend you pay them a visit.
Serves: Makes 8 thick biscotti
Ingredients:150g Cassava or gluten-free flour
100g Spelt flour
50g Ground almonds
50g Coconut sugar
1 tsp Baking powder
6 tbsp BlueberryActive dried blueberries
Zest of 2 lemons
3 tbsp Coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp Maple syrup
1 tsp Vanilla extract
For the chocolate -50g Dark chocolate
1 tbsp Coconut oil
1 tbsp Maple syrup
2 tnsp Cacao or cocoa powder
30g Shelled pistachios, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a large baking sheet.
- Mix together the flours, ground almonds, coconut sugar, baking powder, dried blueberries and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs with the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla, then pour into the dry ingredients.
- Mix to form a cookie dough texture. Divide into two equal parts and shape into logs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly golden and firmed. Leave to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Cut into thick slices then place back on the baking sheet one side up. Reduce the oven to 150C and bake for 8-10 minutes. Turn each slice over and bake on the other side for the same amount of time. Now leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Gently melt the chocolate, coconut oil and maple syrup, then whisk in the cacao/ cocoa powder until smooth and glossy. Spoon over or dip half each cooled biscotti slice in the chocolate then place on a wire rack. Sprinkle each chocolate part with some pistachio nuts.
- Leave for about an hour to set. Now enjoy! Keep in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 1 week.
If you would like to follow SpamellaB on social media or visit her blog please use the links below: -BACK