This recipe may be simple but it is packed with flavour. Thanks go to our brand ambassador Natalie Lawrence. Apparently it was so good it only lasted one day in her house!
Serves: Makes one loaf
Ingredients4 Bananas (ideally very ripe)
⅓ cup Coconut oil
¾ cup Sugar granulated
2 large Eggs
1 tbsp Honey
1¾ cups All-purpose wholewheat flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Ground cinnamon
½ tsp Salt
Handful of BlueberryActive® dried blueberries
Handful of Pumpkin seeds (or chopped walnut)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan, or spray with cooking spray
- Place the bananas in a large mixing bowl and mash them with a fork. Add the coconut oil and sugar to the bananas, and beat with a fork or an electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and honey. Gradually add the blueberries and bits
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the banana mixture, being careful not to over-mix, (which will yield a tough banana bread). Scrape the coconut banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for about 55 minutes until a wooden skewer or a sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the the on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn out of the tin and finish cooling upright on the wire rack.