This recipe is gluten free, egg free, dairy free and suitable for vegetarians and vegans!
A wonderful layered cheesecake-brownie. A nutty chocolate base is topped by a creamy blueberry layer with a drizzle of chocolate. Delicious as a dessert or a special treat. You can serve this as an iced dessert too.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Chilling Time: 2 hours
For the brownie layer:
200g Pecan buts
100g BlueberryActive dried blueberries (soacked in warm water for 15 minutes)
2 tbsp Cacao powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract & a pinch of salt
For the cheesecake layer:
125g Cashews (soaked for 2 to 4 hours)
2 tbsp BlueberryActive concentrate
1 tbsp Lemon juice
3 tbsp Melted coconut oil or raw cacao butter
For the Topping:
150g Dairy free chocolate
1 tsp Coconut oil
- Process the pecan nuts in a food processor until fine. Add the BlueberryActive blueberries, cacao powder and vanilla. Process until it forms a dough (add a little water if needed). Press the mixture in a lined square 20cm tin. Place in the fridge to harden.
- For the filling, place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and process until smooth. Spoon over the base and place in the freezer to harden (about two hours).
- Place the chocolate in a pan with the coconut oil and melt over a low heat.
- Remove the tin from the freezer and allow to thaw for a few minutes.
- Cut the cheesecake brownie into bars. Drizzle over the melted chocolate and then place back in the fridge or freezer until required.
Per brownie: Calories 318kcal, Protein 4.6g, Carbohydrates 20.2g, Sugars 15.4g, Total Fat 24.2g, Saturates 7.4g, Fibre 2.5g, Salt 0g
Per 100g: Calories 561kcal, Protein 8.1g, Carbohydrates 35.7g, Sugars 27.2g, Total Fat 42.8g, Saturates 13.1g, Fibre 4.4g, Salt 0gBACK