SpamellaB is at it again with this fantastic recipe, you can't beat a nice light citrus sponge in our opinion. Her blog and social media are an excellent source of ways to indulge healthily, we recommend you check them out for yourself.
Serves: Makes 9 squares
For the sponge: -100g Oat flour
50g Gluten-free flour
1 tsp Baking powder
½ Large courgette, grated
Zest and juice of 2 limes
4 tbsp CherryActive® dried Montmorency cherries
3 tablespoons Coconut oil, melted
2-3 tablespoons Milk
For the drizzle: -4 tbsp Thick natural yogurt
Juice of ½ lime
2 tbsp Stevia
Extra lime zest, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a 9 x 9inch baking tin.
- Mix together the flours, polenta, stevia, lime zest and baking powder in a bowl. Stir in the grated courgette to coat.
- Soak the dried cherries in the lime juice for 10 minutes. Whisk the eggs with the coconut oil and milk then stir into the dry ingredients along with the soaked cherries and juice. Mix well to combine.
- Pour into the tin and spread out evenly. Bake for about 30 minutes until risen and spongy. Leave to cool in the tin then slice into squares.
- Whisk together the yogurt, lime juice and stevia then drizzle over the squares then scatter over the lime zest. Now enjoy!
- Keep any remaining squares in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
If you would like to follow SpamellaB on social media or visit her blog please use the links below: -BACK