These frozen protein slices from Dr Emma Kirke, founder of the Medicinal Kitchen website are perfect for breakfast. Alternatively they can be eaten as a snack that is ideal for post training carbohydrate back loading. With only 5 ingredients they take just a few minutes to prepare, are high in protein and low in fat. They have the added bonus of being suitable for Vegans too as well being; gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, soy free, grain free and contain no added sugar.
Serves: Makes 4 slices
- 50g Oats (Can be made with Gluten Free oats or amaranth flakes)
- 30ml CherryActive Concentrate
- 1 scoop Vanilla vegan protein
- 5 Drops almond essence
- 50ml Unsweetened Alpro almond milk
- Place all the ingredients in a standard BPA free plastic tub and mix together thoroughly so that the mix is evenly distributed.
- Place the lid on and pop in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- For the ultimate in convenience mix it and pop it in the freezer before you training and then slice and eat afterwards.
Macros per serving (calculated using GF oats): 380 Kcal, 49g Carbohydrates, 4g Fats, 24g Protein
If you would like to follow Emma on social media or visit her website please use the links below: -