Here's another amazing recipe from health food blogger SpamellaB. Her blog and social media are an excellent source for all kinds of healthy ideas and we recommend you check them out for yourself.
- ½ cup apple puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup almond flour or ground almonds
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup stevia or other natural sweetener
- ½ cup CherryActive® dried cherries
- Flaked almonds, to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 180C and lightly grease 6 muffin tins - silicone if possible.
- Place the apple puree, eggs, almond extract and almond milk in a blender and whizz up until smooth. Set aside.
- Stir together the flours, baking powder, sweetener and dried cherries in a large bowl, making sure the dried cherries are coated in the flour mixture.
- Pour in the wet ingredients and mix well, to form a nice thick batter. Spoon out between the muffin tins to reach the top of each, making sure the cherries are evenly divided out.
- Sprinkle some flaked almonds over the top of each then bake for about 15-20 minutes, until risen, golden and cooked through.
- Leave to cool in the tin for at least 30 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Either enjoy while still slightly warm or keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
If you would like to follow SpamellaB on social media or visit her blog please use the links below: -BACK