We all enjoy a good cookie! So why not try substituting these superfood cookies for your choc chip ones. This recipe comes from health food blogger SpamellaB, her blog and social media are an excellent source of ways to indulge healthily, we recommend you check them out for yourself.
Serves: Makes 10 cookies
Ingredients:150g Rolled oats
2 tbsp Flaxseeds
3 tbsp Shelled hemp seeds
4 tbsp CherryActive dried blueberries
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Baobab or Maca powder
2 tbsp Coconut sugar
1 tsp Baking powder
3 tbsp Coconut oil
3 tbsp Maple syrup
2 tbsp Tahini
1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C and lightly grease and line a large baking sheet with grease-proof paper.
- Mix together the oats, flaxseeds, hemp seeds, dried blueberries, cinnamon, baobab or maca powder, coconut sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Gently melt the coconut oil, maple syrup and tahini, then remove from the heat.
- Pour this into the dry ingredients along with the vanilla and mix well until combined and it comes together (should be slightly sticky).
- Divide into about 10 balls and use your hands to press into cookie shapes on the baking tray, leaving space between each one.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until starting to firm up and turn golden. Leave to cool completely (the cookies will harden as they cool) then enjoy!
- Keep any remaining cookies in an airtight container up for up 5 days.
If you would like to follow SpamellaB on social media or visit her blog please use the links below: -BACK