Here's another amazing recipe from health food blogger SpamellaB. Her blog and social media are an excellent source of ways to indulge healthily, we recommend you check them out for yourself.
Serves: 6 Scones
For the cake -
- 1 x 400g Can chickpeas, drained
- 1 Large overripe banana
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ Cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- ½ cup Almond flour
- ½ cup Oat flour
- ¼ cup Unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 3 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 cup Frozen blueberries
For the chia jam -
- ½ Cup frozen blueberries
- ½ Cup BlueberryActive® dried blueberries
- 2 tbsp BlueberryActive® concentrate
- 3 tbsp Chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C, grease and line a 20cm cake tin.
- Place the drained chickpeas in a blender with the banana, vanilla, coconut milk and maple syrup and blend until thick and smooth.
- Mix together the flours, desiccated coconut, baking powder and coconut sugar in a bowl.
- Pour in the chickpea mixture and stir to combine, then gently stir in the blueberries. Spoon into the tin and spread evenly on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until slightly risen and golden. Leave in the tin to cool completely.
- To make the jam place the frozen blueberries and dried blueberries in a small pan with the BlueberryActive® concentrate and 1 tablespoon water.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the chia seeds and set aside to let the jam thicken. Keep in the fridge until needed
- Once the scone mix has cooled completely slice into 6 and serve with a generous portion of chia jam.
If you would like to follow SpamellaB on social media or visit her blog please use the links below: -BACK