A sweet, warming salad drizzled with a refreshing tangy dressing. This is excellent warm or cold. Add some protein if you wish - eggs, fish or chicken works well.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 24 minutes
800g Butternut squash peeled and cut into chunks (~2cm)
4 tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp Sea salt
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
3 tbsp Raspberry vinegar
1 tbsp CherryActive® concentrate
1 Red onion, diced
Pinch of chilli flakes
50g CherryActive® dried cherries
2 tbsp Chopped fresh mint
200g Mixed salad leaves
150g Feta cheese, crumbled
60g Toasted cashew nuts
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6.
- Place the butternut squash in a large baking dish. Toss with two of the tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and soft.
- Heat the remainign oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and saute for two minutes.
- Pour in the vinegar, CherryActive concentrate, chilli flakes and CherryActive cherries and simmer for two minutes until syrupy.
- Place the salad leaves on a large platter or bowl. Spoon the butternut squash on top and drizzle over the cherry dressing, feta, chopped mint and toasted nuts to serve.
Per serving: Calories 407kcal, Protein 13g, Carbohydrates 32.9g, Sugars 21.6g, Total Fat 24.6g, Saturates 8g, Fibre 6.3g, Salt 1.5g
Per 100g: Calories 114kcal, Protein 3.6g, Carbohydrates 9.2g, Sugars 6.1g, Total Fat 6.9g, Saturates 2.2g, Fibre 1.8g, Salt 0.4gBACK