Here's another amazing recipe from health food blogger SpamellaB. Her blog and social media are an excellent source of ways to indulge healthily, we recommend you check them out for yourself.
Serves: Makes 9 cookies
For the cookies: -2 Eggs
100ml Melted coconut oil or rapeseed oil
⅓ cup Stevia
1 tsp Almond extract
1 cup Gluten-free flour
½ cup Almond flour or ground almonds
1 tsp Baking powder
For the topping -3 tbsp CherryActive® Dried Cherries
1 tbsp CherryActive® Cherry Concentrate
2 tbsp Black Cherry Jam (reduced/no added sugar)
Flaked almonds to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C and grease and line a large baking tray.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil, stevia and almond extract until frothy and combined.
- Mix together the flour, almonds and baking powder in a bowl.
- Pour in the wet ingredients and mix to combine and form a dough.
- Divide into about 9 balls and place each onto the baking tray, pushing down to form cookie shapes and leaving space between them to spread.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until golden and risen slightly. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile place the dried cherries, cherry concentrate and jam in a small pan with 2 tablespoons of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, set aside to cool.
- Once the cookies have cooled down, spread a little of the cherry sauce over each, sprinkle with almonds - now enjoy!
Keep leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days and only spread the cherry sauce over when you’re just about to eat them so they don’t go soggy!
If you would like to follow SpamellaB on social media or visit her blog please use the links below: -BACK