These delicious brownies are really moist and chocolatey! Perfect to celebrate National Chocolate Week with and have the added benefit of having no added fats. This recipe was given to us by Healthy Living London's resident chef Susie Morrison (find her on Instagram as @gourmetglow).
Serves: Makes 9 squares
Ingredients200ml BeetActive® Concentrate
150g CherryActive® Dried Cherries
250g 70-100% Cacao chocolate
200g Golden caster sugar
2tsp Vanilla extract
140g Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
75g Raw Cacao Powder
11/2tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven 180C
- Line a 20x20cm tin with silicon paper.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar for 5-10 minutes until thick and creamy.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Add the BeetActive® to the eggs and fold until incorporated.
- Repeat with the melted chocolate and vanilla.
- Sift over the flour, cacao powder and baking powder and gold until just incorporated.
- Fold in the cherries and pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen but springy.
- Remove and cool in tin until completely cooled.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!